Installous Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

harlz

harlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm having trouble with Installous. Newb or no, I would like help. Searching for anything causes error "API Error: Resource Not Found"

Help? :confused:

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

sucram6791

sucram6791

xNews Anchor

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
i get that some times, close it re-open, try respirnging, rebooting, the simple stuff, it should work eventually

r0bop0lo

r0bop0lo

I Bite

• +Contributor
  • 2501 posts
Check to make sure you have a good internet connection as well, as a bad connection can lead to that error.

Posted Image

harlz

harlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i get that some times, close it re-open, try respirnging, rebooting, the simple stuff, it should work eventually

How long is eventually? I've had this problem for a few days now... (and I have rebooted and resprung and all that)

sucram6791

sucram6791

xNews Anchor

• +Contributor
  • 1346 posts
did you try reinstalling?

harlz

harlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

did you try reinstalling?

Yes, but it turns out that r0b0p0l0 was right, as soon as i got 3g unrestrictor, it started working. fancy that!

harlz

harlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm having the same problem again after restoring my phone and rejailbreaking it. Even with the 3g unrestrictor and wifi running, it shows the "Resource not found" error in the search section.

Meh.

Huh. I just realized that the problem only affects certain searches. For example, when I searched for a random word (gas) it came up with results, but when I searched for two specific applications (Tlert and Smule's Ocarina), it came up with the error.

Edited by harlz, 23 December 2010 - 02:58 PM.

DeFiNeNoHe

DeFiNeNoHe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
maybe a bit late but...

IF YOU INSTALLOUS 4.4 AND GET “API ERROR NO SOURCES FOUND”

This was the solution for my IPOD TOUCH 4.2.1, if it works for other models and phones etc let me know Posted Image

Open Installous
and on the home page click settings(Top right)
make sure you have LOCAL SHARING turned ON !
remove metadata OFF (not sure if this is important but this is the way mine is set up and it didnt work until i did this)
and mobile hunt ON

this worked for me after 3 days of errors and now i can search for anything error free :)

Edited by DeFiNeNoHe, 03 April 2011 - 11:34 AM.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts

Hi All, My solution might not work. But Please give it a try. I am sorry if it can't solve ur installous 4 API error (or) API permission denied error.

Pls go to 'Setting', 'General', then 'carrier', and unchecked 'Automatic', then choose Manually on ur Service provider.. for example. AT&T, T-Mobile, SingTel, StarHub, etc.. 

WISH u guys all the best!! Thanks!

I dont see "Carrier" anywhere on my iPhone.

phargyi

phargyi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry.. my mistake.... go to 'Settings', then 'carrier', unchecked 'Automatic', wait for a while to see all the available service providers just below 'Automatic' function, then choose ur service provider manually.. e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, SingTel, StarHub,etc.. then 'Reboot'..

if you think your service provider's 3G is not powerful enough, please try to install 'My3G from xsellize repo. It makes ur iphone thinks 3G as WiFi.. hv fun..

I dont see "Carrier" anywhere on my iPhone.

Edited by PigPox, 18 June 2011 - 01:03 PM.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts
I dont see "Carrier" anywhere on my iPhone 4.

Trust me, I'm not a noob. Just look at the number of my posts.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->