• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

phaze1

phaze1

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Got an iPhone 4 4.1 and have an issue and not sure when this started but it seems that when I start my default Camera App up it always starts up on the video function instead of the still picture. Now when it first opens it shows as if the camera is going to start but then it automatically switches to video. If I manually tap the camera / video button it will switch the camera back on but I like it to start with the still camera and not the video. I have tried rebooting, switching to camera closing the app, shutting down the phone for 10 min or so, uninstalling apps, and of course searching for answers but no luck. Any help to get the camera app to start with opening with the camera?

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

sucio

sucio

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
so what happens when you switch it to still camera mode take a picture exit camera app and then kill all the multi tasked programs and reopen camera app.

when did the issue start.
Have you installed any camera apps from cydia or pic contracts or anything that accesses your camera roll.

Also how many pictures/video do you have in your camera roll?
iamSucio.com

phaze1

phaze1

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

so what happens when you switch it to still camera mode take a picture exit camera app and then kill all the multi tasked programs and reopen camera app.

when did the issue start.
Have you installed any camera apps from cydia or pic contracts or anything that accesses your camera roll.

Also how many pictures/video do you have in your camera roll?

When I switch to still camera mode and take a picture then exit the camera app......even after shutting completely down and waiting....still does the same and starts again with video. I don't remember what was installed when it happened but something had to change a settings and not sure what app or upgrade might have done it but only have three other photo apps....3D Camera, VideoPano, and Photogene (Official App store apps) but have had these installed for a while so I don't think these would do it. Is there a way to manually change or check to see if maybe the rights settings on the settings file is correct. I am guessing that maybe this is what got changed and is not enabling the camera app to change what was last opened. Anyway all help appreciated.

italodance

italodance

Crackr

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1733 posts
you better reset ur device go to settings>general>reset

phaze1

phaze1

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Never did get this camera working correctly. I didn't do a reset because I don't want to lose anything unless someone knows what specifically needs to be reset ie. network settings or home screen layout otherwise I am not comfortable resetting all settings.

phaze1

phaze1

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

you better reset ur device go to settings>general>reset

I went ahead and "Reset All Setting" however this did make me lose a lot of settings (NOT DATA) for a lot of apps and was pretty time consuming so an easier fix would be nice but. in a good note though this did fix the camera issue so thanks Italodance.

Azunyan

Azunyan

Ex xSellize Mod

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1669 posts
Well dont know if there is an ezier way.
But solved and closed
Number12.jpg
fs.png

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->