Advertisement

--

Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

Use Siri On Unsupported Devices Without Setting Up Proxy Server Using AssistantConnect4S – Download Now

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

smcrack

smcrack

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1105 posts
Posted Image

That’s right, folks, today we present to you yet another Cydia tweak regarding Apple’s voice-recognition software.

Spire, the best Siri port available for older iOS devices, has been quite a hit amongst those wielding jailbroken devices. However, there is a moderate amount of configuration required in order to get things up and running – namely getting hold of the required authentication data from a real iPhone 4S.

Of course, if you cannot access said files from a specimen of the fruit company’s latest smartphone, there are alternatives out there vying for the Siri crown. That said, nothing truly compares to the real thing, and this latest tweak, called AssistantConnect4S, allows iPhone 4S users to send their authentication info to non-iPhone 4S devices quickly and simply via email.

AssistantConnect4S enables the recipient to then use Siri natively without having to rely on a proxy server to handle requests. The developer recommends only sending the data to 5 other devices, probably in order to avoid detection or blacklisting.

This comes just a day after Apple began purging Siri use on proxy servers, and although the reliable Cydia developers supplied a fix almost as quickly as the action was discovered, it did show the Cupertino-based company isn’t taking too kindly to unauthorized use.

Once your device has the legit authentication, you’re free to use Siri in full, and as intended. Although Apple declared its newest smartphone as the only device on the roster capable of handling Siri, such claims fell on deaf ears, and now many jailbreak fans are setting reminders, searching for restaurants, and sending SMS using only their voices.

If you want to try AssistantConnect4S, it’s available right now for free over at the BigBoss repo. Note, when you first use the tweak, you’ll need to open AssistantConnect4S and reboot your iPhone 4S. Once rebooted, open up AssistantConnect4S and activate Siri.

If you wish to share authentication data from an older device, simply download AssistantConnect instead – also available over at the BigBoss repo.

You will obviously need to jailbreak your device to install this tweak. For jailbreaking iPhone 4S and iPad 2, you can simply follow our step by step guide posted here to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 using Absinthe on Windows or Mac. For those of you with iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touches can use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze to untether jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1.

Be sure to check out our iPhone Apps Gallery and iPad Apps Gallery to explore more apps for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.

[via Redmond Pie]

iPhone 4 | 32GB | iOS 5 Jailbroken

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

CaptainKatz

CaptainKatz

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
So, does this mean I can get it to work on my iPhone 4?

orbliveguy

orbliveguy

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • 845 posts
nevermind.....

Edited by orbliveguy, 17 February 2012 - 03:56 AM.

asadali

asadali

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
after 12 hrz we have to send data again from ip 4s???

gioinnj

gioinnj

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
really simple setup and works like a magic

mritel

mritel

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 1058 posts

1329379895[/url]' post='693459']
PM me if anyone is kind enough to share an authorization from their 4S. :whistling: I would greatly appreciate the favor. I mean if the dev said 5 people per device should be fine I would think someone might have an extra one to share.

email me @ Ggeegino@gmail.com or forum pm me here
Iphone 416gig Soon 4S 16 gig ,Ipad 32 GB wifi,Iphone 3gs,16GB,Iphone 3g8GB,iphone 3gs 32GB, MPB 13", 15" UNIBODY, 15"MPB SILVER KEYS, APPLE TV,Apple TV2. IPAD,IPAD2, TIME CAPSULE, AIRPORT EXTREME, EXPRESS, I HAVE ISSUES IM BRAINWASHED BY APPLE!

PigPox

PigPox

CRAzY Pig

• +Contributor
  • 7068 posts
You may Discuss on how it works here and get info upon it in this thread, But ABSOLUTELY NO Request in this thread.

Please take the time to look at members Sigs 8/10 members have what they own in there Sig . If You would like to ask another Member FORUM PM them or EMAIL THEM.. Thank YOU

Posted Image

You Tried it from xRepo? You Like it? then Buy it!! That's our Purpose as xSeLLiZe.

Leechers are not welcome Here. i Will Put my Foot Down weather you like it or not.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts
Piggie: I started a req thread in VIP. Is that ok or u want me to delete that thread?

PigPox

PigPox

CRAzY Pig

• +Contributor
  • 7068 posts
i Changed that one a bit i believe.. but i also did put the same info there as i did here.. its ok for now 1 mistake is ok. as long as ppl see my correction on what to do its fine as an example..

its just going to create to much bs request spam on the forum so this is what im perposeing to do...

Posted Image

You Tried it from xRepo? You Like it? then Buy it!! That's our Purpose as xSeLLiZe.

Leechers are not welcome Here. i Will Put my Foot Down weather you like it or not.

nunya22

nunya22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Piggie: I started a req thread in VIP. Is that ok or u want me to delete that thread?

Can I view that thread without being a VIP member? I haven't been registered here for very long and still learning how to navigate around.

PigPox

PigPox

CRAzY Pig

• +Contributor
  • 7068 posts

Can I view that thread without being a VIP member? I haven't been registered here for very long and still learning how to navigate around.

the reason its in vip is for VIP only .. you want to view it donate to become VIP

Posted Image

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts

There is no need. I requested mods to close that thread anyway. Assistant Connect is pretty inconvenient as a 4S user will have to email the tokens everyday. The tokens are valid for only 24 hours.

nunya22

nunya22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Too bad there's no way to have AssistantConnect4S configured to automatically send it once a day. I attempted this with my brother who has a 4S,but he did not follow directions very well and installed Spire. No idea why he did that lol, but since he did it made Siri on his 4S disappear! Now he has to restore and hope Siri comes back. I was just looking to try this out for 24 hours. Thank you for the info!

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts
I'm thinking ur brother installed Assistant Connect which installs Spire with it. He had to install AssistantConnect4S.

nunya22

nunya22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
You could be right. We are in different cities, so I have no clue what he did other than to F up what should be a easy process lol.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts

I would be ridiculously happy if someone could send me their keys - GabeJacobs824@gmail.com

Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you

Did u not see Piggie's warning in big red letters. I'd delete ur post before Piggie warns u.

alcohol120

alcohol120

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
i tried this out on my iphone 4 and it works but Siri stopped working on my 4s

nunya22

nunya22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
This worked on the 1st try for me and is awesome! The issue I have encountered so far is I don't have Siri in my location services so I can't use Siri to get directions. To the other users with a iphone 4 do you see Siri in your settings>location services?

otosan

otosan

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
U still need to re- send it every 24 hours..., so it's will be pain for the 4s owners, except they r really willing to help u, ahaha,

as for now, using proxy still far better for me...

for Indonesian guy upthere,

iPhone 4 s been sold by Telkomsel & XL for like 1 month by now, there's noway u can't find 4s owners in indonesia,

nunya22

nunya22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

i tried this out on my iphone 4 and it works but Siri stopped working on my 4s

Does Siri show up for you under location services? Luckily for me my brother doesn't mind sending me the keys everyday. I'm afraid I may have to uninstall Assistantconnect and Spire, then reboot and reinstall. I'd hate to do all that though and find out other iphone 4 users don't have Siri in location services either.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->