• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
not sure if anyone uses skygo but if your iphone is JB then the app wont work no more as it detects that your phone is JB

is there any app to bypass this (live in hope)

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

Paul1967

Paul1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

not sure if anyone uses skygo but if your iphone is JB then the app wont work no more as it detects that your phone is JB

is there any app to bypass this (live in hope)

What's it got to do with Sky if we jailbreak iPhones. Think it's a bit unfair for them to release an update and not warn anyone !!

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts
not just affecting iphones - also any android phone as well

i know it has nothing to do with sky but they blocking it from playing on JB phones so hoping that someone knows how to bypass this as im not getting rid of my JB
Id honestly think about getting rid of sky first and going to cable.

PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 650 posts
This is pretty piss poor on the part of Sky. What I do with my phone is up to me. <_<

Edited by PurpleHaze420, 03 March 2012 - 02:11 PM.

cailean

cailean

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I am having the same problem and I am also looking for a solution to this.

Both my iPhone & iPad got the unknown error problem.

I ended up restoring the iPhone and that is working again but I don't want to restore my iPad due to some mods that I don't want to have to go without

Betabot

Betabot

Pwned

• Members
  • 954 posts
From what I read xcon will let you use the app without trouble. Check it out here: http://xsellize.com/...__1#entry694627

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts
Tried that app and it don't work
Think author needs to add a patch for each app

http://modmyi.com/fo...tection-16.html

Author of xcon who does the patching

Edited by firstpirate, 22 February 2012 - 03:13 PM.

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts
anyone got this ipa i could have plz

sky mobile tv 1.4.6.ipa as i heard this is a temp workaround and works.

thanks

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts
cannot find this ipa anywhere - you wouldnt think something liek this be so hard to find.

I find it on cnet but when go to download it - it auto opens itunes and says cant download this from the US store

Im in Uk

i even downloaded a torrent which was supposed to contain this file but it never........................

pyro9

pyro9

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
The xCon developer is working on it.

silverwatcher

silverwatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

cannot find this ipa anywhere - you wouldnt think something liek this be so hard to find.

I find it on cnet but when go to download it - it auto opens itunes and says cant download this from the US store

Im in Uk

i even downloaded a torrent which was supposed to contain this file but it never........................

Hi. Tried this app last night. Can confirm it works although it is only sports & no movies on this app. Ive just started work but I will upload it when I get home tonight.

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts

Hi. Tried this app last night. Can confirm it works although it is only sports & no movies on this app. Ive just started work but I will upload it when I get home tonight.

cheers m8 much appreciated

at least it will be more than i have at moment :)

silverwatcher

silverwatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

at least it will be more than i have at moment :)

Popped home this morning

here you go

http://www.fileserve...lverwatcher.ipa

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts

Popped home this morning

here you go

eclipss

eclipss

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Popped home this morning

here you go

Thanks!

silverwatcher

silverwatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Any one have any news on xcon update or any other workaround to get the movies?

firstpirate

firstpirate

Lazy PiRaTe

• +Contributor
  • 750 posts
nope nothing around at moment

just means no skygo on JB devices at this time

eddyecb

eddyecb

• +Contributor
  • 627 posts
was wondering why the app wouldnt work for me, damn

mcice786

mcice786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
*** QUICK UPDATE ***

Sky have decided, in their infinite wisdom (which isn't as infinite as they think), to block Sky Go on all Jailbroken iDevices, this includes Android devices.

They've done it due to what they refer to as, "contractual and licensing obligations".
Nobody, not even them nor their employes, actually know what it properly means, so no point even wasting time asking em.
You'll just get the usual, "we're restricted on what content we can show and on how many devices and also how it is shown by our content providing partners".

The thing is, you can connect Androids and iDevices to your TV via HDMI (or other routes).
Sky realised this so when you try to watch Sky Go by connecting it to your TV, Sky Go will throw up an error stopping you from viewing it on your TV, something like "disconnect HDMI cable".

However, Sky realised, their may be tweaks that jailbroken devices may be able to install, that bypasses this and will allow people to connect via HDMI etc.

So, they brought out an update that allows Sky Go to recognise a jailbroken device and stop Sky Go functioning all together,
(bit of code implemented by Apple, that most developers now simply copy/past in to their apps during development, allowing the app to recognise a jailbroken device and stop the app from working).

To them, their protecting their product etc.
To us, their just being anal (lol anal, sorry, anyway,,,).

The good news, as mentioned in an earlier post, developer, n00neimp0rtant released xCon when Apple implemented their piece of poo code.
xCon works by stopping the app from even getting to the stage of recognising a jailbreak and lets you use the app as per usual.

The only problem is, every app's different, meaning n00neimp0rtant has to hack every app that requires this patch.
Once he's hacked it, xCon is updated and everyone's happy bunnies again and can use the app once again on a jailbroken device.

This however, takes a little bit of time, but hey, we're all used to waiting on the next jailbreak so whats a patch.

Even more good news, n00neimp0rtant, is already working on the patch, the day the update was released, people made him aware and he blogged back straight away saying he's on it like a car bonnet.

Just a matter of waiting and hoping its soon as, I've added a link that explains most of this but also will let you know when the patch is ready, so just keep an eye on it.

Hope my spiel helps in one way or another.

http://modmyi.com/fo...protection.html

Regards

In5id3r

Anilp77

Anilp77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
There will be another update released by sky before 9th march, this because of the new f1 channel. Will this mean that If a patch is released before then, it will only work till the update is released?

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->