• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

jaclinhyde

jaclinhyde

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello all, hope someone can help. I don't know when it started but I cannot delete any apps from my jailbrokenj touch 2g. They wiggle but there is no "x" to tap to get rid of them. I have quite a few apps on there including Bossprefs and I was wondering if something I did with that might have altered this feature or if anything else you can think of could have caused this? Jailbroken with Quickfreedom and running 2.2.1. Thanks to all who take the time to read this!

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

Serenity

Serenity

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
Well since you've posted 4 problems all at the same time in different threads it's lead me to assume your touch is rather broke, I'd just restore and start fresh, seems you've broke something somewhere along the line.
Posted Image

gioalva

gioalva

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
as for the apps not having an X... this probably means they are cydia apps... you have to go into cydia and remove them from there... if theyre not there either then youve ssh'ed them into your phone and the only way to rid yourself of them is to ssh them out.

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

Lost In Time

• +Contributor
  • 735 posts
Download cydelete

if ur phone is working fine, just leave it.

wise words

often a 99% working system can be more frustrating than one that doesn't work at all.

Dont forget to hit THANKS :hooray:

jdelah

jdelah

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 526 posts

as for the apps not having an X... this probably means they are cydia apps... you have to go into cydia and remove them from there... if theyre not there either then youve ssh'ed them into your phone and the only way to rid yourself of them is to ssh them out.

or you can download cydelete thru cydia and u can delete cydia apps like normal apps
Posted Image

shajiby

shajiby

iPhone Lover

• +Contributor
  • 3920 posts

Well since you've posted 4 problems all at the same time in different threads it's lead me to assume your touch is rather broke, I'd just restore and start fresh, seems you've broke something somewhere along the line.

yea id do a fresh restore, u have WAYY too many problems

iPhone 5 32GB Black - 6.1 Jailbroken

New iPad 32GB White - 6.0.1
Lockinfo 5 - Zephyr - Auxo - Bitesms

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

Lost In Time

• +Contributor
  • 735 posts
Lol
I think i answered like 5 diferent problems
Yeah you should restore

if ur phone is working fine, just leave it.

wise words

often a 99% working system can be more frustrating than one that doesn't work at all.

Dont forget to hit THANKS :hooray:

jdelah

jdelah

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 526 posts
yeah thats the best thing to do
Posted Image

jaclinhyde

jaclinhyde

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have restored it, a few times over and still end up with the same problems. I have used redsnow to cut through some of the mess and that left me without Cydia, then I used Quickfreedom again to see if that would help. After using QF most of it comes back ok but eventually it all starts all over again. That tells me that there is something I am putting on there that maybe is buggy and interferring with the rest.

TS

Nothingman

Nothingman

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
If you are using supreme preferences, check hide icons label and prevent app delete

ipodhacker32

ipodhacker32

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
same exact thing happened to me
but this time the wiggle feature didnt work
check what you installed priare to this then delete it if still its happening its best to restore

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->