• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Stefanmc

Stefanmc

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It doesn't work when I click on "WiFi Tetherting" (in MyWi), but it after trying to set it up it says at the bottom "Starting network iPhone" then "Retrying network iPhone" then a couple of seconds later "Stopping MyWi" and then the WiFi tethering button goes back to "off" - Also, when I try to connect via BlueTooth (on my PC) it says "Connection Failed" - and when I try to do it via USB it just won't connect at all.

Don't know what the problem is, I even bough this freekin app because I didn't think it would get cracked, but now it has, so I'm not very happy...

Anyone got any advice/tutorials on how the hell I use this piece of crap? cause it's either me doing something wrong somewhere down the line or it's something up with the App.

Thanks.

Stefan.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Really need help on this guys! :(

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

4ndr3wk

4ndr3wk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
If you bought it id ask contact the developers as you DID actually pay for it! ive only ever used PDAnet cracked which worked well, only thing i can say really is either get PDAnet or similar and try and get a refund, or contact them

Also ive just googled it and it states it does not work with iphone 2G

http://www.modmyi.co...fi-hotspot.html
--4ndr3wk

Stefanmc

Stefanmc

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm on the iPhone 3G though, i used pdanet, i liked it, just thought this would be easier and it looked nicer to use from the screenshots that they provided.

Anyone else got this app? how do i work it? am i doing something wrong?

Stefanmc

Stefanmc

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
does no one else have this problem then? is it just me? :(

can't get a refund either, rockmyphone don't provide refunds......

Stefanmc

Stefanmc

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well this forum is about as helpful as my appendix.

darkMatt3r

darkMatt3r

The Legend

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

well this forum is about as helpful as my appendix.

You're quite wrong there Stefan. It's just that some problems aren't solved in the blink of an eye.

I would suggest to contact the staff at rockyourphone yourself, and ask what you can do to fix your problem.

From a personal standpoint, i would suggest resetting your network settings or reinstalling the app because there aren't any likely causes other than your computer is not recognizing the app.

Stefanmc

Stefanmc

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I don't get a chance to connect to mywi anyway, because wifi tethering won't turn on.

Plus their is no contact e-mail for the mywi app.

I'm pretty screwed.

Swayskeeet

Swayskeeet

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
it works for me, but now that i used it and created a wifi hotspot, my wifi connection at home through my iphone doesnt work right anymore...=/ so i am having that problem

Any1

Any1

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

...but it after trying to set it up it says at the bottom "Starting network iPhone" then "Retrying network iPhone" then a couple of seconds later "Stopping MyWi" and then the WiFi tethering button goes back to "off" -...

I'm having the exact same problem, but I haven't figured out a way around it yet
I have a 3G on Rogers if that makes any difference

Hardz

Hardz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Ok, I may be able to shed some light on this.

If PDANet (latest version) is installed and then you try to install MyWi (latest version), it tries to remove PDANet and screws up the iphone (Iphone can't connect to 3G data).

I actually had to do a full restore to clear this problem and the install the Rock app and MyWi.

It now works great but if you have problems connecting to your home WiFi or have 3G data problems after using MyWi, you have to reboot the iphone and it's all back to normal.

Hopefully, they'll update with bug fixes soon.

Hardz

Hardz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Ok, I may be able to shed some light on this.

If PDANet (latest version) is installed and then you try to install MyWi (latest version), it tries to remove PDANet and screws up the iphone (Iphone can't connect to 3G data).

I actually had to do a full restore to clear this problem and the install the Rock app and MyWi.

It now works great but if you have problems connecting to your home WiFi or have 3G data problems after using MyWi, you have to reboot the iphone and it's all back to normal.

Hopefully, they'll update with bug fixes soon.

phiber

phiber

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having the exact same problem, but I haven't figured out a way around it yet
I have a 3G on Rogers if that makes any difference

Guys,

Just saw this. I had the same issue. Clear out the "Wifi Name" and put something in there without the apostrophes. I put "MyNet". Then try to start it. It should work.

Although after it starts for me, I connect to it via my wifi on my MacBook, but it does nothing. Looks like I don't get any routes or anything.

If anyone has a solution to that one, let me know. :)

-Ronan

jm952370

jm952370

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
i too can get the wifi to turn on i can connect using a laptop but i get an ip of 0.0.0.0 even though it states connected - but no internet

darkfusion42

darkfusion42

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same exact problem as the OP. Any updates on if its figured out?

Cleve

Cleve

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Doest not work for me, it actually gives me a network error, "COULD NOT ESTABLISH DATA CONNECTION" or some B.S. like that. I think is ATT catching on to tethering. However it could be MyWi. I gave up. I would love a solution but I have another friend on a 3Gs with the same issue. Oh well.

I have a 3Gs on ATT USA.

GunHo198

GunHo198

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
Try installing the tethering feature by installing this mobleconfigs with this link then try MyWi again.

http://help.benm.at/help.php

I have a 3GS and havnt been able to connect with Bluetooth though.

Paulie
Don't Blame Me! I Voted for the "Other" Guy!
iPhone 2G, 3G, And 3GS

Ironman1075

Ironman1075

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all, I'm new to the forum so hopefully i can get an answer for my problem.....I installed Mywi and I have a friend Itouch that i'm using to test....he is able to find my hotspot and gets connected but when goed to Safari and tries to get online gets error "Safari can not opne the page because it is not connected to the internet". i checked the Itouch wifi settings and it shows connected and the ip address is 169.254.121.323.Is there anything else i have to do or somethin i can do/fix. thanks in advanced

danhampson

danhampson

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ive installed mywi and cant get wifi tethering to work it asks to reboot the phone with a pop up box but when pressed it doesnt reboot i have rebooted manually but it doesnt seem to make any difference. iphone 3g f/w 3.0

i solved the problem by removing pdanet and renaming the network to O2hotspot

Edited by danhampson, 03 September 2009 - 03:46 PM.
problem solved

ajay2222

ajay2222

Donator,senior member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

It doesn't work when I click on "WiFi Tetherting" (in MyWi), but it after trying to set it up it says at the bottom "Starting network iPhone" then "Retrying network iPhone" then a couple of seconds later "Stopping MyWi" and then the WiFi tethering button goes back to "off" - Also, when I try to connect via BlueTooth (on my PC) it says "Connection Failed" - and when I try to do it via USB it just won't connect at all.

Don't know what the problem is, I even bough this freekin app because I didn't think it would get cracked, but now it has, so I'm not very happy...

Anyone got any advice/tutorials on how the hell I use this piece of crap? cause it's either me doing something wrong somewhere down the line or it's something up with the App.

Thanks.

Stefan.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Really need help on this guys! :(

guys just change the name of ur wifi name in the app......trust me...everthin vl work fine

injunjosh

injunjosh

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey guys,

I tried changing my wifi name, but it's still saying that it's Retrying the Network and then Stopping and telling me to reboot.

I'm running on 3.0 and have 3G

Edited by injunjosh, 04 September 2009 - 10:27 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->