• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

djzander

djzander

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Long story short , im at work where i have no internet on my desktop , yet i have an iphone with Edge , i downloaded PdaNet desktop client to my iphone Via Download plugin , and the iphone app , my only problem was i needed to get the .exe file to the Pc .
searching the web with my iphone , i dident find an iphone app that could transfer a iphone file to a pc , via usb .
what i did is , i opend ifile , and moved the .exe to the camera dir , DCIM , then there renamed the .exe to .exe.zip.png , after the rename , then file type changed and windows camera utillity thougt the file was a png , and when it landed on the pc desktop it was back beaing a .exe :)

long story short i was very happy of this find , and wanted to share :)

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

werakoko

werakoko

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I would use iFunbox/DiskAid.

djzander

djzander

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
your missing the point , i have no internet to download the programs to the pc !
how am i supposed to install the programs if i cant get them on the actual pc ?

the way i found let me get a non image file transfered to the pc with microsoft camera utility.

CheeseyChung

CheeseyChung

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts
congrats on your lengthy but successful workaround :)

tapsumoi

tapsumoi

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
TotalCommander with T_pot's the 1st choice 4 me!

urthmensch

urthmensch

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Long story short , im at work where i have no internet on my desktop , yet i have an iphone with Edge , i downloaded PdaNet desktop client to my iphone Via Download plugin , and the iphone app , my only problem was i needed to get the .exe file to the Pc .
searching the web with my iphone , i dident find an iphone app that could transfer a iphone file to a pc , via usb .
what i did is , i opend ifile , and moved the .exe to the camera dir , DCIM , then there renamed the .exe to .exe.zip.png , after the rename , then file type changed and windows camera utillity thougt the file was a png , and when it landed on the pc desktop it was back beaing a .exe :)

long story short i was very happy of this find , and wanted to share :)

got it, thanks. way to make it work.

Edited by urthmensch, 28 March 2010 - 11:05 PM.
headiting

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->