• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok so i need to know how to use cheats in gba games such as pokemon and stufff help plzz

i am using the emulater on iphone 3gs

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Oh so you open notepad and put all ur gameshark_v3 cheat in this format

GAMESHARK_v3 infinite masterballs
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

GAMESHARK_v3 pokemon balls
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

Etc etc

you then save as "exact game name.cht"

if u can't get it to save as a cht file then go to folder options and click view all extensions and remove the .txt extension and save as .cht

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok so i did exactly that than i go to play the game hit menu and hit toggle cheats i enable all the once i wanted but non of them work i know the cheats are not the problem cuase when i use them on vba it works fine but on gpsphone it dun work and p.s if u know how to like move save data from vba to gpsphone cuase that can help me take cheated files maybe it could work like that i dont no?

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 711 posts
mhmm indeed i do know how to get a saved battery file from vba to work with iphone... the thing is u need to do the save state thing and also would u pls tell me which pokemon rom it is... i will check out the cheats... umm also some cheats will not work such as spawning pokemon in the wild on gpsphone will definitely not work... most cheats that require mastercode dont work but some actually do. i did make a few cheat lists before when using it but cant find em all but on my phone i have all pokemon roms and saves etc and i used vba to cheat some of em for testing purposes and got them to work on my phone.

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
alrite am using chaos black and shiny gold plz tell me the cheats that work :) i was trying the rare candy money and fast lvl up cheats which require mastr code so i guess it wont work thanks for the replys

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 711 posts
Link:

http://www.multiupload.com/KOW48E0ZTX

Disclaimer:

The files uploaded contain Roms & Cheatfiles along with the VBA emulator.
No copyright infringement is intended and it is the users full responsibility to make sure they already own the rom before downloading. The files are only being used for teaching purposes and as an example of some sort.

Ok now that we got that out of the way lol here goes

Instructions:

The emulator is VBA 1.8.0 and its pre configured to work with gpsphone.
When u open the pokemon rom, if u want to load a saved file then go to Filemenu, then Import -> BatteryFile. Ur batteryfile must be in the format ".SAV" and not ".sav". Problem is gpsphone gives u a .sav file instead of the one in caps. all you have to do is rename it to .SAV in caps and import it into VBA Emulator 1.8.0. When u enter your gameshark cheats etc, go back to the file menu and export this time a batteryfile. the batteryfile will be .SAV and u will then have to rename it to .sav and use winscp to transfer it to your phone with the correct permissions (0777).

Ur cheats shud now already be implemented into the game.
Also the cheat files uploaded are just examples of what the cheats shud look like if u plan on putting any in gpsphone. Like i said the majority work but not the " special ones ;) ". Also you may notice two pokemon emerald files... one is a .sav and the other is a .SAV this was just to show u that they are two different things and renaming is IMPORTANT if u want the cheats to work for both emulators. One more thing... the cheat files are named exactly the same as the rom files. only difference is the extensions!

Enjoy.

P.S. any problems feel free to post here or PM/Inbox me...

Edited by iphone_d, 09 January 2010 - 05:09 AM.

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
alrite i understand wat ur saying but just 1 lil problem on my gpsphone the saved files i got are .svs form not .sav so i am guessing i just change em to .svs and problem solved? idk ima try out wat u said and post an update

EDIT:alrite so first i installed vba emulator on my comp for some reason i got an error 1m sub circut thing not installed or something but it works fine on my laptop so i dont know wat happened there and when i put the cheats u gave me they dont work on my gpsphone i tried all non worked i can see em in my toggle cheat thing but work work.ok so i played the game in my gpsphone and got a saved file the file is .svs formate and is like 495kb and when i play on emulator and save the file its .sg1.sgm or something formate and its like only 30kb and evenn when i put that in my gpsphone with svs formate it just crashes the app itself wat i am doing wrong?

EDIT2: ok so i wasted soo much time cant figure this out if u dont mind can u make game saves for pokemon emerald fire and leaf green with all cheats activated and ready to put into iphone cause i am not getting this...all i need is rare candy fast lvl up or something money and stuff nothing big lol

Edited by Karan2010, 09 January 2010 - 05:06 PM.

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok so i saved my game internaly in gpsphone got a sav file than put it in desktop tryed to run it in vba player but all it did was start the game over again... so i decided to just make a sav file off vba and put it into gpsphone i played the game once it started put in all cheats made sure they worked took out the battery file got a .SAV file changed it to .sav and put it into my phone and than i looked into gpsphone and saw that i had no saved data i went to pokemon game and it just restarted the game non of em read the saved data.

p.s cant send u private msg it says that ur thing is full

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
omg how do i play the saved game if i save internally i go to saved states nothing and if i click on the game again it just restarts :(

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 711 posts
alright im gunna do it... and ill upload it lol

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Sweet thx!

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 711 posts
http://www.multiupload.com/1UIMEEFQMK

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks man i am uploading ATM so i just drop this in gba folder and it should work?

EDIT:ok i see the game rom than a .sav file and a .clt file i put em all in?

Edited by Karan2010, 09 January 2010 - 10:47 PM.

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 711 posts
no the clt files is a cheatlist gameshark file for VBA only... the ".sav" & ".gba" files is for /var/mobile/Media/Roms/GBA and change permissions to (0777)

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok so i put em in and got the game to work ok ima sound like a real ass but there is no rare candy or fast lvl up cheat?

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 711 posts
umm the rare candy cheats u can find easy and implement it... i forgot about it but i got u max money and all pokeballs and masterballs... to lvl quick ur gunna need some modshop code that u hold l+r+Up or some combination like that and it lets u lvl or u get the one that u hold a at the end of a battle and it lvls u...try importing the battery file in vba and playing it with the codes u want and then export it and back to ur iphone

Karan2010

Karan2010

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
omfg thanks dude it worked and i put the game in vba put other cheats and was able to put in phone and game works wooot thanks alooooooottttt

tjwilliams24

tjwilliams24

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

alrite i understand wat ur saying but just 1 lil problem on my gpsphone the saved files i got are .svs form not .sav so i am guessing i just change em to .svs and problem solved? idk ima try out wat u said and post an update

EDIT:alrite so first i installed vba emulator on my comp for some reason i got an error 1m sub circut thing not installed or something but it works fine on my laptop so i dont know wat happened there and when i put the cheats u gave me they dont work on my gpsphone i tried all non worked i can see em in my toggle cheat thing but work work.ok so i played the game in my gpsphone and got a saved file the file is .svs formate and is like 495kb and when i play on emulator and save the file its .sg1.sgm or something formate and its like only 30kb and evenn when i put that in my gpsphone with svs formate it just crashes the app itself wat i am doing wrong?

EDIT2: ok so i wasted soo much time cant figure this out if u dont mind can u make game saves for pokemon emerald fire and leaf green with all cheats activated and ready to put into iphone cause i am not getting this...all i need is rare candy fast lvl up or something money and stuff nothing big lol

in the computer on VBA you have to go to options-emulator- Flash 128k not Flash64k

click thanks if i helped

iP0d

iP0d

iPodless.

• Members
  • 1165 posts
did not work for me, sav states arent there in Save States in the gpsphone, i set perms to 0777, and then resprang

supermariorick

supermariorick

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

dude if you want to cheat there is a save editor out there thats been partially translated to english from spanish. its called "enciclopedia pokemon" and it supports gen 3 only games (supports all regions - US, EUR, JAP, etc ;) ) search for it on google. it shoukd be on mediafire.com sorry for bringing such a late answer to an old topic :/

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->