[[Wifi Fixer]] iPhone Dev Team
Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:48 PM
SWIFI is an example of a “fakeblanked serial payload”. It examines your wifi calibration tables and corrects them if necessary. It doesn't require a baseband erase and is very quick, but it requires you to be fakeblanked. The BootNeuter application (part of the pwnage release by the Dev Team) lets you quickly go back and forth between fakeblanked and normal.
When do I need this fix?
The tool fixes the grey wifi problem - when your phone can make and receive calls but wifi (and/or bluetooth) is grey. This happens when your baseband nvram gets corrupted for some reason (like some buggy unlocking programs).
You can check if your phone's baseband nvram is corrupted using ( ibooter. ) Connect to your phone, give the command radio readnvram and check if you see 3 mac addresses (wifi, bluetooth, ethernet), wifi calibration checksum and build tag. If you dont see one of the fields you should use the tool. If you see all the fields but are experiencing the grey wifi problem you probably have another issue and we dont advise you to use this tool.
CAUTION! This fixer should not be used unless you have the grey wifi problem described above!
Installation and usage
To run this utility:
- Become fakeblanked by using ( BootNeuter )(set FakeBlank to ON before selecting Flash).
- Download the archive ( swifi.zip, ) unzip it, and transfer it to your iPhone. You can either bundle it into a custom ipsw via PwnageTool, or use something like iphuc. Make sure swifi has execute permission (chmod +x swifi).
- Log into your iPhone via VT100 terminal application as root
- Unload your CommCenter (otherwise you'll probably see “Error 0xffffffff” from swifi).
- launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
- killall -9 CommCenter
- Run the swifi tool. It should complete in less than 3 seconds.
- If you've manually changed your wifi MAC address via ibooter, or if you've had your wifi MAC address changed on you by a buggy unlocker, change it back to its original value.
- If swifi reports “actions taken”, reboot your iPhone to use the new tables. You may also need to do “Settings→General→Reset→Reset Network Settings”
# swifi wifi fixer by MuscleNerd, gray, and the iPhone Dev Team Actions taken: Backup table checksum was corrected Active table was restored from backup
After a reboot, my wifi button was no longer grey and swifi reports good tables:
# swifi wifi fixer by MuscleNerd, gray, and the iPhone Dev Team Nothing to fix!
Edited by RealzG, 17 January 2010 - 11:55 PM.
You Tried it from xRepo? You Like it? then Buy it!! That's our Purpose as xSeLLiZe.
Leechers are not welcome Here. i Will Put my Foot Down weather you like it or not.
Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:37 AM
Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:21 AM
• HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5
• HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5
Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:41 AM
Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:39 PM
Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:54 PM