Advertisement

Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

HOW TO: Fix Error 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604 During Custom Firmware 3.1.3 Restore

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

soh20

soh20

Pwned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7318 posts

Posted Image

Does the picture above look familiar to you? I know it does because we got hundreds of emails just today from you guys. Well don�t you worry, it happens, and there is an easy fix.

So , you got an 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 or 1604 error while trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes with a custom firmware cooked with Pwnagetool or Sn0wbreeze right? Well, there is a tool called iReb ( Windows-only ) that is updated for firmware 3.1.3, works with iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 1G/2G and will let you bypass this error.

Posted Image

1. Download the tool ( here and here ) and install it .

2. Load iTunes and put your iDevice in DFU mode ( use method 1 ).

3. When iTunes will tell you that it find an iPhone in recovery mode, close iTunes and start iReb.

4. Simply select your device from the list and wait a few seconds until the screen turns white or red.

5. Start iTunes, select your iPhone and holding shift ( or alt on a Mac ) , click on restore.

6. Select the custom firmware and you are good to go.

That is it. Enjoy your jailbroken 3.1.3 iDevice.

[via FSM]

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

acesg

acesg

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Good news! Any solution available for iPhone 3GS?

darktopo

darktopo

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
this soft never work for me :S
i use redsn0w to put my device in UDF mode

Light33

Light33

Pwned

• +Contributor
  • 3903 posts
Thank you. It worked like a charm.

stikz

stikz

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My Iphone 3gs is stuck in DFU mode, a friend used pwntool made a custom firmware 3.1.2 iphone when to DFU mode to write s/w and never came out. Tried everything to bring it out nothing worked now i'm getting itunes error 1600. Im using Tmobile so cant upgrade to 3.1.3 and i did have the SHSH from Cydia. need help cause it still not working. Please thanks anyone....

coder

coder

Contributor

• +Contributor
  • 1144 posts
well you need to restore to a stock 3.1.2 ipsw and rejailbreak

darktopo

darktopo

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

My Iphone 3gs is stuck in DFU mode, a friend used pwntool made a custom firmware 3.1.2 iphone when to DFU mode to write s/w and never came out. Tried everything to bring it out nothing worked now i'm getting itunes error 1600. Im using Tmobile so cant upgrade to 3.1.3 and i did have the SHSH from Cydia. need help cause it still not working. Please thanks anyone....

just restore an oficial 3.1.2 then jailbreak it with blackra1n, redsn0w or sn0wbreeze
i sugest you use redsn0w is the best jailbreaker ive seen so far :D:D

girron

girron

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
this program blows as does LIBusb. it screws up your usb ports and makes it so none of your usb devices work. garbage as is sn0wbreeze

Jayman154

Jayman154

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
The best way to fix error 1600 WITH OUT screwing up anything is to change the USB port your iPhone is plugged into. For me it updating/restoring only works on the rear ports. how ever syncing works in every port. If you still get the error restart you computer with the iPhone usb unplugged. When it boots open iTunes then plug in your cord and phone and try to resore/upgrade.

DethClutch

DethClutch

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

this program blows as does LIBusb. it screws up your usb ports and makes it so none of your usb devices work. garbage as is sn0wbreeze

You have to run libusb in xp compatibility mode. It fucked my usb ports up too, but after i did that it ran perfect and saved my iphone!

chrismicheal01

chrismicheal01

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
thank u :)

angvil

angvil

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

I tried all the programs available online for my 32GB 3GS iREB and iRecovery and another called DFU. I can successfully get my phone to DFU mode but error 1600 or 1604 keeps popping up I tried everything above on several computers with several OS's VISTA/7/XP always the same error.

Anyone has a method to get the white or red screen for iPhone 3GS? I had 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked with the old 4 version of BB.

I would appreciate any help provided!!!

heshamkamel

heshamkamel

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Actually what worked with my 3Gs is i chose the option to restore from normal mode not DFU mode and it worked
hope that helps

angvil

angvil

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Actually what worked with my 3Gs is i chose the option to restore from normal mode not DFU mode and it worked
hope that helps

The issue is I can't get into Recovery mode anymore I'm stuck in DFU! nothing else responds!

HELP ANYONE!

harshil12

harshil12

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
friends,
i hav tried everything that given here but my iphone wont stop giving the error 1604/1603.

i started ireb after entering dfu mode but it wont show me the red screen or the white screen and ireb wont crash before restoring. pls help me.....

harshil12

harshil12

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
its not workin this way....

saigonsteve

saigonsteve

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
16xx errors have next to nothing to with your usb ports it has to do with the fact that you enter a recovery loop. The only way to get out of that loop is to issue the following commands via irecovery:

setenv auto-boot true
saveenv
/exit

These tools whether it's IREB, RECBOOT or other attempt to automate this process. If you can't get them to work then you most likely have libusb issues. I posted a link to a great youtube guide/video at http://xsellize.com/...windows-64-bit/

I suspect most users having issues are having the problem with libusb since it doesn't like 64 bit OS'es. Follow the guide I linked to and get the tools and you'll be a recovery loop master.

harshil12

harshil12

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT.. GOT PAST ALL THE ERRORS... 1ST OF ALL TRY WITH A NEW COMPUTER/LAPTOP

Step 1- put iphone in dfu mode
[How to put your iPhone in DFU mode :

Connect your iPhone to your computer.
Turn iPhone off.
Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU ]

Step 2– now open iTunes

Step 3- now ur iPhone will be discovered in recovery mode. Restore to d required firmware.

Step 4- it will show waiting for ipod. and a blank screen will appear.

Step 5- go to desktop open ireb. Itunes will crash

Step 6- now again open itunes from ireb

Step 7- again it will ask for restore.

Step 8- restore.

Njoy..

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->