• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

kikikakuku

kikikakuku

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
I gave out my 3gs and was returned prompting "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes". I did as prompted but iTunes gives me another error about this iPhone is password locked. The person I gave out to formated his pc so the no back ups and his iTunes credentials got wiped too.
How can I recover the unlock the phone? It's jailbroken with blackra1n and is a tethered device.
I'm on firmware 3.1.2 and depend on blacksn0w for carrier unlock. Restoring is not an option coz I did not save what one is supposed to save in Cydia servers if you own a 3gs. And FYI apple stopped signing 3.1.2.
I having problems browsing the phone file system. ssh is not installed neither is cydia. ifunbox, iPhone browser, etc are not recognizing the phone.
How should I go from here? As I mentioned earlier I depend on carrier unlock so 3.1.3 is a no go.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

SoSly

SoSly

TheiPhoneSpot Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1127 posts
It sounds like you stole the phone, how are you going to have a jailbroken iphone with blacksn0w installed for an unlock and never open cydia which saves you shsh... You can't do anything but restore it if it has a passcode sorry.
Posted Image

Any18

Any18

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

maybe this helps

hits thanks if it helps

kikikakuku

kikikakuku

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
@sosly Sh*t happens! If you lock your cars keys in your car and try to retrieve them with a clothes hanger are you stealing your own car? Why didn't I ask how to change the imei if I knew it's eventually going to be blacklisted. Im sure that's the first thing your service provider would advice you to do. Judging you like you judged me, by the no. of your posts I'm sure you know geohot carrier unlock blacksn0w is installed through blackra1n.app and not cydia. Cydia and rock are optional installs.
@any18 restoring without my shsh isn't an option. Last year at time like this I had to use my 3g unwillingly as an iPod touch for months till the 3gs showed up together with ultrasn0w. It's seems I'm back there again.
I had read somewhere if one wanted to bypass the password and your phone is jailbroken one would ssh into the device and delete some file(s). Is this true? how come I can't use file explorers? Isn't there a way to grab shsh files without cydia or rock? What's verbose mode? Is there an ibooterwin for 3gs where one can run commands without the phone being "on" as in terminal mode?

iScotty

iScotty

Ex-Staff / VIP / Nostalgia General?

• +Contributor
  • 1875 posts
kikikakuku

if you dont know the password and currently cant get into the device

unless wifi is enabled and connected and you know your phones IP

then your only option is a restore and there is nothing else that can be done

kikikakuku

kikikakuku

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

kikikakuku
if you dont know the password and currently cant get into the device
unless wifi is enabled and connected and you know your phones IP
then your only option is a restore and there is nothing else that can be done

Nothings on. For knowledge purposes what would I have done if wifi was on and knew my iPhone ip?

iScotty

iScotty

• +Contributor
  • 1875 posts
i believe i read you can ssh in and delete a file / reboot and the password is gone

i dont know any more then that

kikikakuku

kikikakuku

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
@iScooty Do you have an idea of what files are supposed to be deleted? I can't remember.

iScotty

iScotty

• +Contributor
  • 1875 posts
i have no idea, and if you cant ssh you cant delete them anyways

kikikakuku

kikikakuku

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
There is an application known as ibooter used together with libusb(Homebrew developer Niacin just released a nifty application for the Apple iPhone that allows users to give commands to a bootloader of Apple's gizmo. iBooter, an interactive console that gives everyone access to iBoot, can execute several commands and do its job on different platforms even without iTunes installed.
Niacin explained that a similar app, iPhuc, works with the iBoot, but requires iTunes' mobile device library. Not only is iBooter more flexible, it can also get replies from iBoot after sending a command unlike iPhuc. Just keep in mind that your iPhone should be in recovery mode when you try to run iBooter, and you're good to go.)
I don't know if its updated to work with the 3gs.
Cause I was thinking if it hopefully works I would put my 3gs in recovery mode, launch ibooter backup necessary files with unix command "cp" run a command like "rm /System/library/Lockdown/*"
My intentions would be to delete the file(s) where the iPhone password is stored, reboot the device and voil¨¤! Password gone. No restoring!
Please someone what files I'm supposed to delete? So I could try the above.

Jathter

Jathter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I haven't tried it, but i found it in google search and it is really great

http://iphone-ipad-i...-to-itunes.html

Hope it can help

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->