Advertisement

--

Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

iPod Touch 2G 3.1.2 Custom Firmware (Download) - 7D11 - Cyida/Custom Boot Logos!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

VinnieB

VinnieB

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
From reading many different forums, I have discovered how to jailbreak my iPod Touch, and just wanted to give something back to the community. I hope I am allowed to post this link here. If so, I am happy for this file to be shared around. All I ask is for you to say thanks if it helped you, and share it around.

I used PwnageTool to make this file, with 575MB root partition size, Cydia, and these custom boot logos, as shown below.

Posted Image

This firmware is for the iPod Touch 2G (2nd Gen).

To put this onto your iPod Touch, connect your iPod to iTunes in recovery mode:

----------------------------------

Step 1

Preparation: On the computer, have iTunes the program opened and running with the USB charging cable connected to the computer but NOT to the iPod.

Step 2

Turn the iPod off: Press and hold the sleep/wake button (at the top left corner) for approximately 10 seconds until the screen says "slide to power off."

Step 3

Force into recovery mode: Press and hold the home button (in the front on the bottom) for approximately 10 seconds until you get the image of a USB cable pointing towards the iTunes logo on the screen. If you do not get this, try holding the home button down and at the same time plugging the other half of the USB cable into the ipod waiting for a message in iTunes.

Step 4

Follow instructions in iTunes: Once you plug the iPod into the computer, you should get a message saying "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode, it must be restored to be used." At this point you hit the restore button in iTunes and wait for the iPod to be restored...............

----------------------------------

After this, when your iPod is conneced to iTunes in recovery mode, and locate the restore button. Instead of clicking it normally, and getting iTunes to restore your iPod, you are going to select your custom firmware to restore it! To do this,
PC: Hold down Shift and click restore, and then locate the custom firmware you have downloaded.
Mac: Hold down Option (Alt) and click restore, and then locate the custom firmware you have downloaded.

After doing this, let it restore, and you will have your jailbroken iPod! You will now see the custom boot logo when you start up, the recovery logo when you put it into recovery mode, and the best part, the application Cydia, which is used to download many applicaitons that the iTunes Store does not stock, enabling you to download themes! ENJOY!

Download Link:

iPod Touch 2G 3.1.2 Custom Firmware (Download) - 7D11 - Cyida/Custom Boot Logos!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1CT4YLO

iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore.ipsw

iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

Thanks,
Vinnie.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

Headspin

Headspin

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Was this an MC model cuz umm i dont see a big discovery to be honest. From reading many different forums, I have discovered how to jailbreak my iPod Touch, and just wanted to give something back to the community. where's the discovery? unless its an MC model which isnt stated anywhere here...

HBfreak93

HBfreak93

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can you make a Second FW with 800 mb Root , please ?
Work the FW with Ipod Touch 2G MC ??

Greetz

soh20

soh20

Pwned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7318 posts
custom firmwares 3.1.2 here: http://xsellize.com/...ware-Collection

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->