Advertisement

--

Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

How can i install downloaded apps to iPad using iTunes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MADMAN

MADMAN

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys, sorry for the noobness, but i've been looking for a way to install apps on the ipad that can't be directly installed using Installous, a good example would be the TomTom apps.

In Installous all you get is a list of links to the .rar files that make up the huge app, so you can't directly install from Installous. I'm guessing you download the parts from a computer, unrar the huge app, and then... How you install this to the iPad?

Since Appsync is already installed that means i can just drag the .ipa to iTunes just like with the iPhone? I have read you would need to download an app to the ipad from itunes first, any free app should do...

Thank you for your assistance!!

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

iScotty

iScotty

Ex-Staff / VIP / Nostalgia General?

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1875 posts
Assuming you have appsync installed just open up the extracted .ipa with iTunes and then sync it to your phone

MADMAN

MADMAN

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok i tried doing it thru iTunes, but here is the problem: all the apps i have installed have been through either installous or install0us, the rest through the appstore directly on the iPad, and had over 100 installed, when i plugged the iPad to the computer to go to iTunes and tried to sync the iPad, it first gave me errors, and then if i manually go to the iPad's Apps tab and try to manually sync the Apps so i am able to put a new one, it says that over 100 Apps will be deleted from the iPad, because i can't sync them with iTunes, any ideas on how to solve this so i am able to install TomTom from iTunes to the iPad?

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance...

MADMAN

MADMAN

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Solved, although painful, had to re-install all apps because i think i forgot to install a free app from itunes before installing from installous, i resorted to the old fashion way of downloading on the computer and dragging to itunes...

Thanks for the help...

UPDATE: Installing from Installous does not work/sync with iTunes even after selecting the following settings:

- iTunes Syc ON
- Delete Downloads Automatically OFF
- Native Installation ON

Only method that has worked for me has been dragging the .ipa fom my computer into iTunes

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->