Advertisement

--

Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

Can't edit com.apple.springboard.plist file??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ppcbandit

ppcbandit

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am running 3.1.3 on 3GS with Spirit Jailbreak. Recently I experienced that the automatic dim of the backlight did not work anymore. Normally the screen would dim before the backlight went off - but now, the screen would go directly to no backlight (after 1 min that it is set to). I read in a forum, that to solve that issue, one has to edit the com.apple.springboard.plist file in the preference folder. In that plist file, one can change the autodim function.

I found the plist file using iFile. I could open the file, the file looked "normal", but when I tried to edit the file, I got an error saying: "XML parser error..... Old-style list parser error... etc." Then I copied the file to my pc - and suddenly it looked like coding language when I tried opening the file. I then found an old backup of the com.apple.springboard.plist that I could open, it looked "normal" and I could edit the autodim. I transferred that to the iPhone and replaced the old one - and rebooted.

Now my problem with the autodim was solved. When I checked the file with iFile - it looked normal. But once again, I could not edit the file!! Then I tried deleting the file and rebooted. And it regenerated a new plist file - but I still can’t edit it using iFile, - and when I transfer the file to my pc - it looks like coding language.

Is there something that is corrupting my com.apple.springboard.plist file??

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

fatsnake

fatsnake

thats right

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
If it is unreadable to you then it is in binary. On a mac you can run a command to make it into xml but I don't know about PC. Nothing wrong with the plist though.

You can convert it here if you want:
http://iappcat.com/plist/bin2xml
Posted Image

p.s. MasterGGM is a boss

ppcbandit

ppcbandit

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

If it is unreadable to you then it is in binary. On a mac you can run a command to make it into xml but I don't know about PC. Nothing wrong with the plist though.

You can convert it here if you want:
http://iappcat.com/plist/bin2xml

Thanks - for your reply. That was exactly the case.
Thanks!

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->