How to transfer books from Stanza to ibooks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Curley5959

Curley5959

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Today, I thought Id try and get my stanza books over to Apple's new app, ibooks. The method below is how i accomplished this.. Im on ios 4 and not jailbroken. iPod touch 3g, MC model of course..

1) Go into Stanza on your iPhone/iPod touch.
2) Go to library and tap on the book you wish to transfer.
3) Tap on the screen until the book settings and slider appear.
4) Tap on the "..." to the right of the screen.
5) At the bottom of the list will be a microphone icon with 'Share' next to it. Tap on this
6) (Personally, I use mail for this step. Im not sure if it works with Facebook or Twitter. Let me know. Make sure your mail is active) Tap on Mail.
7) Send email to yourself. Sending from an email such as 123@mail.com to 123@mail.com, you will still receive the email.
8) After sending the email from your idevice, go to your pc and open up your email. Attached will be the epub file of your ebook. Download this.
9) Now all you have to do is drag and drop into books on itunes and sync over.
10) Repeat for each book

p.s. I did this for the books i got from drinkmalk.com on Stanza. They now work perfectly on ibooks.

Enjoy

I know this is easy but many people will not know about this. There may be an easier way, but this is the easiest method i have found for a non-jailbroken i device. I have not found out how to use the sync to itunes function on stanza yet, so this is the current method i use.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

maztrr

maztrr

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
what is the easier jailbroken way?

Marko111

Marko111

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
This sounds like a tedious way of doing lots of books. I'm not running 4 yet, so don't know, but all stanza books are in your iTunes backup. You can extract them to your pc. From there couldn't you just drag them all into iTunes?

Curley5959

Curley5959

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

what is the easier jailbroken way?

Well Id gather SSHing or using Ifunbox to navigate through your idevice to find stanza's library would be the easier way... for jailbroken people that is

This sounds like a tedious way of doing lots of books. I'm not running 4 yet, so don't know, but all stanza books are in your iTunes backup. You can extract them to your pc. From there couldn't you just drag them all into iTunes?

Yeah it is very tedious. As i said, this is the only way i could find that actually worked.. Im unsure about the itunes backup.. I suppose that would work.. Ill give it a try :)

Marko111

Marko111

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I've succesfully extracted books from my back up. I just don't have 4 so don't know if they will transfer to iBooks. But I don't see why not. They are epub and work fine on the desktop

Curley5959

Curley5959

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Mac or windows? What program?

If you have the epub, it will work :) You just have to put your epubs in a safe place cause if you delete it, itunes wont have a record of it..

Ill edit this guide if I can find a windows program.. :)

Thanks

Edited by Curley5959, 29 June 2010 - 10:10 AM.

Marko111

Marko111

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Check the stanza website, I don't know what the program is called but there's links to an extraction tool on the support pages about transferring books to/from device. I'm on pc, don't know if there is a mac tool. With me I have to open them with stanza desktop then wirelessly sync with stanza on the iPhone. But I guess with 4 and iTunes 9.2 you could sync directly to iBooks.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->