How to transfer books from Stanza to ibooks
Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:39 AM
1) Go into Stanza on your iPhone/iPod touch.
2) Go to library and tap on the book you wish to transfer.
3) Tap on the screen until the book settings and slider appear.
4) Tap on the "..." to the right of the screen.
5) At the bottom of the list will be a microphone icon with 'Share' next to it. Tap on this
6) (Personally, I use mail for this step. Im not sure if it works with Facebook or Twitter. Let me know. Make sure your mail is active) Tap on Mail.
7) Send email to yourself. Sending from an email such as [email protected] to [email protected], you will still receive the email.
8) After sending the email from your idevice, go to your pc and open up your email. Attached will be the epub file of your ebook. Download this.
9) Now all you have to do is drag and drop into books on itunes and sync over.
10) Repeat for each book
p.s. I did this for the books i got from drinkmalk.com on Stanza. They now work perfectly on ibooks.
I know this is easy but many people will not know about this. There may be an easier way, but this is the easiest method i have found for a non-jailbroken i device. I have not found out how to use the sync to itunes function on stanza yet, so this is the current method i use.
Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:16 AM
Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:59 AM
what is the easier jailbroken way?
Well Id gather SSHing or using Ifunbox to navigate through your idevice to find stanza's library would be the easier way... for jailbroken people that is
This sounds like a tedious way of doing lots of books. I'm not running 4 yet, so don't know, but all stanza books are in your iTunes backup. You can extract them to your pc. From there couldn't you just drag them all into iTunes?
Yeah it is very tedious. As i said, this is the only way i could find that actually worked.. Im unsure about the itunes backup.. I suppose that would work.. Ill give it a try
Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:31 AM
Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:09 AM
If you have the epub, it will work You just have to put your epubs in a safe place cause if you delete it, itunes wont have a record of it..
Ill edit this guide if I can find a windows program..
Edited by Curley5959, 29 June 2010 - 10:10 AM.
Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:02 PM