• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

brc0703

brc0703

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
make sure the DEBIAN folder and its contents have permissions set to 0775 and that there you make an extra blank line at the end of the control file..by blank line i mean go to the very end of the last line and hit return to start a new line

EDIT: hmmm i thought i was following a different post this isnt where i thought this was going..little mix up my bad

Edited by brc0703, 10 October 2010 - 03:31 PM.

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

iphonegeek0105

iphonegeek0105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

No problem, but next time you could do it yourself and here is how

1. Download 7 zip, unzip the debian
2. there will now be 2 files, control and data, unzip these with winrar or something like that
3. go in the control folder, edit the control file, you will find a dependency line, change what dependencies you want to add/remove

your done, now just repack it
to do so

1. make a folder called whatever the .deb is to rename, for instance here, "Notified"
2. make a folder inside that folder called DEBIAN, copy the control file inside the old control folder here
3. next just take the data folder an put in inside the Notified folder
4. Drag the notified folder to SSH /var/root/
5. type CTRL + T, type this "dpkg -b "Notified" Notified.deb"
- dpkg -b (means build a deb)
- "Notified" (is the folder)
- Notified.deb (is the new .deb)

Done, you just removed a dependency

If you need any more help just ask

im just new here can you pls make me a deb of mobilenotifier 5 iwhtoit the dependency of activator? your will be much appreciated. :))

r0bop0lo

r0bop0lo

I Bite

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2501 posts

im just new here can you pls make me a deb of mobilenotifier 5 iwhtoit the dependency of activator? your will be much appreciated. :))

MobileNotifier 0.5.0-120 w/o libactivator dependancy
http://www.multiupload.com/FB381FN72B

Edited by r0bop0lo, 03 July 2011 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

PerPlexis

PerPlexis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hate to bump an old thread. but do you think this might work with removing dependencies from original installous 5  and appsync debs?

I have not found any other installer/appsync combo that is worth a damn (installs the app in working order AND allows itunes sync)

Cydia has a weird add/remove chain reaction when the original debs are installed (minus the hacku repo) and overwrite errors occur (or the add/remove tries to occur any time you want to install remove somthing else).

Or I need to find the correct installer/appsync combo that does not reference any other damn app that it thinks is needed (so many ones out there still have the appsync 5 dependency).

Anyone have any good ideas?

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->