• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
pals...
i need 2 apply xsellize black interface 2.0
along with black navigation bar
without winterboard....

is there any possible way?????
by replacing system files..or something.....

needed help....

thanx

angel

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts
SSH.

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts

SSH.

Nope. It's not that easy. You have to modify the other.artwork file. It's like hundreds of file compressed into one file.

Good luck.

It's possible. I've done it before. There is a thread on this already. You can even get themed icons like illumine by modifiying the other.artwork file.

Edited by lll2for3lll, 28 August 2010 - 12:38 AM.

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

Mike_Rotch

Mike_Rotch

• Members
  • 829 posts
Personally I don't think its worth the effort because if you have to restore then all your hardwork is gone. had that happen to me once and it was devastating. Stock iphone doesn't look too bad.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bret Heimsness
GameCenter Tag:
Mike Rotch

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts

Personally I don't think its worth the effort because if you have to restore then all your hardwork is gone. had that happen to me once and it was devastating. Stock iphone doesn't look too bad.

No it's not. You should still have a copy of the modified other.artwork on your computer. I still have all of mine for 3.1.2

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

N8R

N8R

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I am very performance conscious when it comes to my iphone. Its a 3g so I have very lmited resources. I used to hate winterboard ,because no matter what, it would make my phone lag. But, with the new winterboard, if you know how to use it, you can theme without any performance hit. What you have to do first is structure your themes so they will work with summerboard mode turned off. This, for the most part means using bundles. Pretty much all UI themes that I know already use bundles. So they (Black UI included) can be applied as is with summerboard mode off. Changing icons with summerboard mode off is a little bit more tricky because they have to go into bundles, and most themes arent setup that way. the easiest way to do it will be to download Classica 3 from macthemes. That is the one theme I know of that is already setup in bundles. Then, if you want, just replace the icons in thier corresponding folders, rename the theme, and you are good to go. The second thing that must be done for winterboard to opperate efficiently is to make use of the "optimize themes" feature. After you select your themes, but before you respring, hit the optimize themes button. If you do these things you will never even know winterboard is installed I swear. If I detected the slightest lag or use of memory, i would remove it in a second and go back to manual themeing, but there is no lag or use of memory this way. So, give it a shot.

Edited by N8R, 28 August 2010 - 08:21 PM.

angel007

angel007

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
pals.....
i read in 1 post abt how other.artwork does all that...
but the problem is, i cant find the other.artwork anywhere on my iphone 3gs ios401
so dont know where to put it......

i dont want 2 theme icons or anything,,, i just need to change the entire interface to black...

thats it.....

thanx

angel

Retoocs

Retoocs

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

I am very performance conscious when it comes to my iphone. Its a 3g so I have very lmited resources. I used to hate winterboard ,because no matter what, it would make my phone lag. But, with the new winterboard, if you know how to use it, you can theme without any performance hit. What you have to do first is structure your themes so they will work with summerboard mode turned off. This, for the most part means using bundles. Pretty much all UI themes that I know already use bundles. So they (Black UI included) can be applied as is with summerboard mode off. Changing icons with summerboard mode off is a little bit more tricky because they have to go into bundles, and most themes arent setup that way. the easiest way to do it will be to download Classica 3 from macthemes. That is the one theme I know of that is already setup in bundles. Then, if you want, just replace the icons in thier corresponding folders, rename the theme, and you are good to go. The second thing that must be done for winterboard to opperate efficiently is to make use of the "optimize themes" feature. After you select your themes, but before you respring, hit the optimize themes button. If you do these things you will never even know winterboard is installed I swear. If I detected the slightest lag or use of memory, i would remove it in a second and go back to manual themeing, but there is no lag or use of memory this way. So, give it a shot.

Thank you N8R for explaining how to make WinterBoard compatible theme (without SummerBoard mode). I always wondered what means "Most themes are ancient/slow, designed for SummerBoard, not WinterBoard" in WinterBoard and how to make WinterBoard compatible theme.

I have try to convert/make one theme to see if will be any difference. Took me two hours of playing (164 installed applications...) with folders names and icons.

And at the end i'm disappointed... Frankly i don't see any difference. Free mem is the same, i didn't notice any lag, but i didn't notice any lag before (same theme only SummerBoard theming style). Optimize PNG function also did not change anything... All is same only theming style is more complex...

I don't see any benefit of this... and i also like you have iPhone 3G...

So for me... SummerBoard mode: ON + easy theming...

psN

psN

Sex, Drugs & Musiq ©

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
THIS TOPIC will teach you how to customize everything in your iphone without winterboard.

N8R

N8R

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
@ Retoocs - srry if i caused you to do alot of work that did not pay off for you :blush: It seems more efficient to me and there is some evidence to suggest it is more efficient. 1) this quote from the maker of Classica 3 " The Bundles method is faster, and should use less resources than the legacy method" 2) the labels within winterboard itself describing summerboard mode as slow. Perhaps it is a placebo effect tho.

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts
WinterBoard sucks. I won't even use it on my iPhone 4. I themed my 3G completely without WinterBoard on OS 3.1.2
I moded the other.artwork file. (Not as easy as it's sounds)

I will never put WinterBoard on my iPhone 4. I guess I'm just ill from the bad lag it gave me on my 3G. So far, I have 29 MobileSubstrate Extensions without and lag and 360 MB of RAM.

I don't like WinterBoard. I'll help you guy navigate around the directories if you need me to because I know them pretty well. But I'm about to go to bed right now.

Be back later after work tomorrow.

Edited by lll2for3lll, 01 September 2010 - 10:12 AM.

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

Mike_Rotch

Mike_Rotch

• Members
  • 829 posts

No it's not. You should still have a copy of the modified other.artwork on your computer. I still have all of mine for 3.1.2

not all themeing is done with other.artwork...
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bret Heimsness
GameCenter Tag:
Mike Rotch

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts
If you keep all you're moded files in the organized, then you should be able to theme your iPhone again after a restore. It's not hard. I do it all the time.

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

RONE

RONE

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • 521 posts

WinterBoard sucks. I won't even use it on my iPhone 4. I themed my 3G completely without WinterBoard on OS 3.1.2
I moded the other.artwork file. (Not as easy as it's sounds)

I will never put WinterBoard on my iPhone 4. I guess I'm just ill from the bad lag it gave me on my 3G. So far, I have 29 MobileSubstrate Extensions without and lag and 360 MB of RAM.

I don't like WinterBoard. I'll help you guy navigate around the directories if you need me to because I know them pretty well. But I'm about to go to bed right now.

Be back later after work tomorrow.

Do you know how to change folder backgrounds (iOS4) without winterboard? I found an awesome carbon fiber theme in Cydia that I love, but it installed winterboard with it and I really want to keep the background without winterboard. I remember reading a how-to on this forum about it, but can't find it now.

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts

Do you know how to change folder backgrounds (iOS4) without winterboard? I found an awesome carbon fiber theme in Cydia that I love, but it installed winterboard with it and I really want to keep the background without winterboard. I remember reading a how-to on this forum about it, but can't find it now.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply.

If you're talking about the actual backgrounder and not the icon, then its: System/Library/Coreservices/SringBoard.app/

inside that folder you and to replace the file: FolderSwitcherBG.png (for iPhone 3G, 3GS) FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png (for iPhone 4)

Edited by lll2for3lll, 07 September 2010 - 08:40 AM.

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

RONE

RONE

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • 521 posts

Sorry it took so long for me to reply.

If you're talking about the actual backgrounder and not the icon, then its: System/Library/Coreservices/SringBoard.app/

inside that folder you and to replace the file: FolderSwitcherBG.png (for iPhone 3G, 3GS) FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png (for iPhone 4)

Thanks for the quick reply! I was referring to the background that becomes visible once you open up one of iOS4's folders. It's on an iPhone 4, so I'll check the FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png file. Any idea what size requirements there are for the image?

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts

Thanks for the quick reply! I was referring to the background that becomes visible once you open up one of iOS4's folders. It's on an iPhone 4, so I'll check the FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png file. Any idea what size requirements there are for the image?

That"s the file image you will need to change. It's the same size as your wallpaper.

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

illfluence

illfluence

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
I would really love to change my 3G & Edge icons to the old 2.0 files. Where are these located on iOS4?

lll2for3lll

lll2for3lll

1-505th P.I.R.

• +Contributor
  • 1641 posts

I would really love to change my 3G & Edge icons to the old 2.0 files. Where are these located on iOS4?

The location changed in IOS 4. You will have to edit the other.artwork file. It's a compressed folder with a bunch of files inside of it. I have opened it up and edited it before but this was on OS 3.1.2

Mac Mini | iPhone 4s 

illfluence

illfluence

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

The location changed in IOS 4. You will have to edit the other.artwork file. It's a compressed folder with a bunch of files inside of it. I have opened it up and edited it before but this was on OS 3.1.2

How would I go about editing the other.artwork on Windows? I hate using Winterboard.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->