22 replies to this topic

iScotty

iScotty

Ex-Staff / VIP / Nostalgia General?

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1875 posts
Posted Image

New day, new app in Cydia: Resupported4. Did you know your iPhone/iPod Touch can play videos on your TV, but Apple wants you to pay $50 to get a cable that lets you do such? Of course you do, but maybe you didn’t know you don’t need to do so. There are plenty of accessories on the market that allow you to play video out with iOS devices, but when plugged in, the device displays ‘This accessory is unsupported by iPhone’ message and refuse to play video out.
Resupported4 is a safe and cheap alternative to paying the Apple tax. It enables video out through many unsupported AV cables and devices, and it does not modify system files! It also adds video playback support to many 3rd party apps, such as Hulu+, IMDB, VEVO etc.
NOTES:
Cable detection only works if audio is normally able to go out your dock cable
Ressuported4 will not (by itself) mirror your applications on a TV. You will need DisplayOut to show your device’s screen on a TV
Accessory warning messages may disappear
Resupported4 will NOT enable charging with cords that do not already charge your device. That is a hardware, not a software limitation
You can buy Ressuported4 from Cydia for $4.99. (10-day full trial available!)

[Via FSM]

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

Cinosinu

Cinosinu

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
OK, so I bought resupported, the 3.x version. Is Phoenix3200 really telling me I need to pay to upgrade, and the upgrade price is $3.50? The original app was $2. If this is the case, :down: . Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather pay the apple tax.

ellas14

ellas14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

OK, so I bought resupported, the 3.x version. Is Phoenix3200 really telling me I need to pay to upgrade, and the upgrade price is $3.50? The original app was $2. If this is the case, :down: . Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather pay the apple tax.

I know i bought it to help the developer and he goes and screws us to pay to update yeah right bro im going to donate to the first person who cracks it and use the cracked version to spite this goof. stupid developer, greedy ******* like we ALREADY PAID FOR THE APP we should NOT have to pay again you cheap cheap cheap man.

Dazza1

Dazza1

• +Contributor
  • 1041 posts
I'm sorry but i supported the Dev by purchasing resupported now he brings out another version of the same thing and says if resupported doesn't work use resupported4 what a load of BS!!!

Infamoushack

Infamoushack

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I usually support devs of apps/tweaks that I use... but really I gotta pay to upgrade? no thanks.

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I think there's a huge misunderstanding going on here.

I spent a whole lot of time (probably 3x as much as before) to get Resupported to work on 4.0. As such, I felt that the price needed to take that factor into account.

I am not trying to charge you twice - if I was, I wouldn't even bother offering a discount. Instead, I'm offering a $1.50 discount off the standard purchase price (which is more than half of what you originally paid) for people who owned Resupported on 3.x.

Once again, I am not trying to charge you twice - It's simply a price adjustment. And since I'm on that topic, I'm making one last adjustment (once I reach the proper people): the base price will be $3.99 (instead of $4.99), and for prior owners, you'll be able to get it for only $2.49 (rather than $3.49).

In the meantime, enjoy your 10-day trial period.

xCrims0nx

xCrims0nx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

I think there's a huge misunderstanding going on here.

I spent a whole lot of time (probably 3x as much as before) to get Resupported to work on 4.0. As such, I felt that the price needed to take that factor into account.

I am not trying to charge you twice - if I was, I wouldn't even bother offering a discount. Instead, I'm offering a $1.50 discount off the standard purchase price (which is more than half of what you originally paid) for people who owned Resupported on 3.x.

Once again, I am not trying to charge you twice - It's simply a price adjustment. And since I'm on that topic, I'm making one last adjustment (once I reach the proper people): the base price will be $3.99 (instead of $4.99), and for prior owners, you'll be able to get it for only $2.49 (rather than $3.49).

In the meantime, enjoy your 10-day trial period.

You claim that you're offering a $1.50 discount off of the standard purchase price, offering this product for $2.49 for previous owners but if you take into account that they have already paid once, whatever price it was (assuming at least two dollars), the people who consider upgrading end up paying $4.50 total for your app. Whereas buying it brand new is $3.99.

How does that add up correctly to you? You're ripping off customers that already upgraded, and this holds true for CalendarPro4 which I had already purchased, and assuming the new Music Controls update that you're going to shovel out. You have the crappiest marketing schemes and what you're doing isn't fair at all. Now I do hope that your apps do get cracked so you don't get money at all, you're being outright disrespectful to your customers.

ellas14

ellas14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

You claim that you're offering a $1.50 discount off of the standard purchase price, offering this product for $2.49 for previous owners but if you take into account that they have already paid once, whatever price it was (assuming at least two dollars), the people who consider upgrading end up paying $4.50 total for your app. Whereas buying it brand new is $3.99.

How does that add up correctly to you? You're ripping off customers that already upgraded, and this holds true for CalendarPro4 which I had already purchased, and assuming the new Music Controls update that you're going to shovel out. You have the crappiest marketing schemes and what you're doing isn't fair at all. Now I do hope that your apps do get cracked so you don't get money at all, you're being outright disrespectful to your customers.

Check and mate. I'm astonished that as a previous buyer I now have to pay more than someone who will purchase the app, tomorrow for example, that's soooo stupid! Dude what logic is being used, slap your existing customers in the face because you already have our money? Not very good business wise, so when 5.0 comes out more money? 6.0 more money? So in 3 years ill have had to pay for the same app 4 times? That is not right! Is there a terms of service when we purchase the apps saying how he can charge to update because that shouldn't be legal. We should have been specifically told that every major platform update we would have to re-purchase the app..

How come the dev of screendimmer and firewall ip didn't charge for his two apps to be updated when I bet it probably took just as long or if not longer to update his apps since he has two of them to do. That's a dev I'd support because he cares about what his customers think of him, or that's the image he portrays and that is good enough for me lol

mritel

mritel

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 1058 posts
i agree man if you do the math guys like me that already paid for the 3.x version if i buy it right now im paying more than i would if i pay the 3.99???? It really doesnt make any sense at all but oh well ill trial it untill the devs comes to his senses and makes it 99 cents or even 1;50 but 4 bucks to upgrader noway!
Iphone 416gig Soon 4S 16 gig ,Ipad 32 GB wifi,Iphone 3gs,16GB,Iphone 3g8GB,iphone 3gs 32GB, MPB 13", 15" UNIBODY, 15"MPB SILVER KEYS, APPLE TV,Apple TV2. IPAD,IPAD2, TIME CAPSULE, AIRPORT EXTREME, EXPRESS, I HAVE ISSUES IM BRAINWASHED BY APPLE!

Cinosinu

Cinosinu

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Phoenix, there is absolutely no excuse. Your added work on the upgrade is like anyone elses work. All devs do it, and your continued support is for your potential new customers and to the folks who already paid.

You should say upfront that each version only includes support for that fw version if you intend on fleecing your customers.

You know I bought a cable specifically for your app? Now it's off to eBay to buy an apple taxed cord.

I hope your greedy ways causes other devs to just make a better ones with the included upgrades, ala mywi.

pteronaut

pteronaut

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Devil's Advocate speaking.

No one held a gun to your head and made you buy an iPhone 4 or even upgrade your older devices to iOS4, you chose to do that.

But it seems that many people here are trying to hold a gun to a dev's head to make him work for free in order to find a new loophole to re-enable video out via unsupported cables in the new OS.

So people are willing to pay TEN TIMES more to someone else and trash a perfectly usable cord rather than pay someone 2.49 - 3.49 for their continued work in finding new backdoors after Apple bricked up the original one.

Just sayin.

mritel

mritel

Donator

• +Contributor
  • 1058 posts
Dude WTF are u talking about??? The point is that we already paid for the app??? It's just updated! Mind you for the sane device as before " iPhone" it's just a diff firmware just like all the other apps that are paid apps that get upgraded but never before did we gave to pay 4 an upgrade! Your paragraph makes no sense! Next time know what u are talking about before u write !
Iphone 416gig Soon 4S 16 gig ,Ipad 32 GB wifi,Iphone 3gs,16GB,Iphone 3g8GB,iphone 3gs 32GB, MPB 13", 15" UNIBODY, 15"MPB SILVER KEYS, APPLE TV,Apple TV2. IPAD,IPAD2, TIME CAPSULE, AIRPORT EXTREME, EXPRESS, I HAVE ISSUES IM BRAINWASHED BY APPLE!

xCrims0nx

xCrims0nx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

No one held a gun to your head and made you buy an iPhone 4 or even upgrade your older devices to iOS4, you chose to do that.

But it seems that many people here are trying to hold a gun to a dev's head to make him work for free in order to find a new loophole to re-enable video out via unsupported cables in the new OS.

So people are willing to pay TEN TIMES more to someone else and trash a perfectly usable cord rather than pay someone 2.49 - 3.49 for their continued work in finding new backdoors after Apple bricked up the original one.

Just sayin.

Regardless of your reasoning, the point I'm trying to get across is that the price phoenix is charging to upgrade surpasses the price we'd have to pay if we just bought the product entirely new. I'm fine with supporting developers, I've bought many products: iFile, Snappy, Firewall iP, etc, but the fact that his upgrade price plus our original price of payment surpass what he's asking for a new customer is ridiculous.

If he offered the upgrade to match the price of buying it brand new I'd gladly pay the upgrade. I'm not as happy if I were to get the upgrade free considering he didn't notify that his upgrades would be charged, but as long as I'm not getting ripped off in the sense of new customer vs. old customer price, I'm fine.

My previous post may have been a bit harsh on you phoenix but I really don't understand why you charge for upgrades considering no other developer does (MyWi aside). At the very least you could've put inside the app that you would charge in the future so we had a heads up before buying.

ellas14

ellas14

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Just sayin.

I don't think the developers want you to argue their points for them for real. He isn't working for free dude WE ALREADY PAID FOR IT DUH hence why we're argueing. WHY don't other devs do this then if no1's putting a gun to their heads? You don't do that plain and simple, when you have a product and it becomes outdated, you simply update it, you can't update it and be like OH JEEZE I put a lot of work into it I'm going to make it a different app and tell everyone it's more expensive now. I agreed to purchase the app at 2 dollars not at 5, 4.50, 3.50 or anything, 2 dollars. I swear to god I was under the impression that developers updated their apps to gain prestige, honor, respect and more as well not just money. How can we get some respect when the dev will do w.e. it takes to hustle any amount of money, this is why people get contracts because of stunts like this. For example say I owned a computer company and I offered warranties for my computers, it'd be like a new virus coming out and me saying oh too bad that virus voids your warranties because it's newer than the computer you bought and the operating system that came with it, so we're outdated and your **** out of luck but thanks for your money :). That's bull, your selling your app, your getting money for it, it's your business, you keep and show appreciation towards your existing customers not disrespect and a slap in the face. Maybe the analogy wasn't the best but w.e. I'm cheesed.

Also yeeees no1 held a gun to our head to update to ios4 so why upgrade to windows 7, why buy a 3d tv why buy new cars why build new houses WHY???????
HEY LETS ALL GO LIVE IN A CAVE WITH NO FIRE
HEY LETS ALL GO LIVE IN A OLD BURNTDOWN TRAILER(LOL) with windows 98(windows 95 was more stable) and our 10 inch black and white tvs and listen to the beatles(theyre sick but old lol) all day because why get anything new, why update anything, why do anything at all in fact if there's no gun pointed at our head?

Also pheonix if I was disrespectful it was because I felt disrespected first and I feel "victimized" we'll say. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything but they way people spoke of you before was you were some really sick guy cracking all these apps for the community but I can't see what all the love was about. You seem like a reasonable guy by already lowering it a dollar, since let's be frank, you don't mistakenly set a price on cydia, it's meant to be that price. Just offer it for free to upgrade but if you really need the money not 2.50 dude lol 99 cents. Thank God I didn't buy music controls yesterday too I'd be kicking myself right now. I find it so cool that the developers on the site(you and some others) interact with their customers now just change up some of your policies and look at ur customers as people and not just money and people will forget about this just like kobe's rape trial after he won back to backs (also that he didn't actually rape her but yeah, show character, compassion and other traits that mr bean bryant has and you'll have no problem gaining back your lost customers because I don't think anyone would want to buy an app from you now knowing in a couple months their going to have to dish out more money for something they have already purchased.

edit: holly smokes I was typing for a long while, I didn't even see the one on top of me, I say we as existing customers should get a discount, if that was an honest mistake by pheonix(offering a discount but really making us pay more) then he was right by giving us a discount but if he was trying to play us(which seems less likely and hopefully isnt true) then shame shame! It's only a couple dollars I know but it's the principle you know, if every dev starts doing this I see cydia failing pretty hard.

Edited by ellas14, 29 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

djdon

djdon

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
honestly, this is bull. If we paid for an app already, we shouldn't have to pay again for the update. A true honest dev will support his/her product and not charge for it. Anyways, seems like everyone just cares for Money now days. No one cracked the previous version because everyone wanted to support him, but now i say someone crack this and flood the net because of his quick money making scheme. PURE DISRESPECT TO THE CUSTOMERS.

Cinosinu

Cinosinu

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
How about we post an addendum to every board topic regarding a phoenix3200 app with the following:

Please note: the developer phoenix3200 develops apps in cydia which while very talented and make iOS better, he choices not to support firmware upgrades unlike other all developers. This inflates the true total cost and he is not representing that in in offering. Please be aware.

Edited by Cinosinu, 30 August 2010 - 05:39 AM.

tickelo

tickelo

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I undestand what you demand buying this app if you want it for the new device.
But same app for the same device just different fw, it is not acceptable.
There are many other paid Cydia apps that have been updated for iOS4 for free for old customers.
PwnTunes, SDM, iFIle and so on, and nothing like "pay more".

Gab089

Gab089

Jailbroken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
so anyone is going to post original deb??

willdacracka

willdacracka

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

so anyone is going to post original deb??

Since there's a trial, you can download it yourself.

artful_dodger74

artful_dodger74

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
This is a load of bollox. I bought a non-apple cable specifically, then bought this app. Not long before iOS4 came out. Which means I only got a few weeks use outta this app. At no time did the developer mention that we would have to pay again for an upgrade. If I had have know I either would not have bought the app or waited till iOS4 came out. At the same time we have great hard working developers like David Ashman pushing out updates to LockInfo every 2 minutes. So how do you justify this ****? Too many greedy bastards in the world. I will not be purchasing this AGAIN. I'll wait for the crack & i'll be telling my iPhone owning mates not to purchase anything from phoenix3200. Rip-off merchant. And thats a fact.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->