Donate

Skrill

Stripe

BitPay

Photo

Broke your back glass on your iPhone 4? Apple will replace it for $29!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

illfluence

illfluence

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
My back glass on my iPhone 4 shattered yesterday so I made an appointment for the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store (Costa Mesa, CA). I was expecting the employee to tell me that I would have to replace my whole phone for $199 but he informed me that they had back glass in stock and it would cost $29! My iPhone is looking new again thanks to Apple!

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

forrest0328

forrest0328

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

My back glass on my iPhone 4 shattered yesterday so I made an appointment for the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store (Costa Mesa, CA). I was expecting the employee to tell me that I would have to replace my whole phone for $199 but he informed me that they had back glass in stock and it would cost $29! My iPhone is looking new again thanks to Apple!

Man what a lucky break! I've never heard of Apple doing anything but offering the $200 trade in for a refurb. I wish all the apple stores had service like this.

illfluence

illfluence

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Man what a lucky break! I've never heard of Apple doing anything but offering the $200 trade in for a refurb. I wish all the apple stores had service like this.

I asked the guy when they started offering replacement back glass and he said all Apple stores have been doing these replacements since August 24th so if yours break, you should give a call to your local Apple store.

RONE

RONE

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
Sweet, good to know. Thanks for sharing.

KushKrime

KushKrime

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
You guys think it's the same for the front glass cause I have a small chip and $30 is worth it if that's what it'll cost.

illfluence

illfluence

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

You guys think it's the same for the front glass cause I have a small chip and $30 is worth it if that's what it'll cost.

I'm pretty sure they won't fix the front for that cheap since it requires doing much more work than the back glass.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts
Front glass has the display attached to it so it should be like $80+

Oh2GeTea

Oh2GeTea

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
It actually makes sense that they would do this. Considering how much trouble the have had fulfilling vendor orders, why waste an ENTIRE phone on a glass replacement when they can just replace the broken part and be good to go.
White iPhone 4s 5.1.1

R.I.P iPhone #1, 2, 3, 4....I'm horrible at not breaking phones

kevko1991

kevko1991

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I cracked my iphone 4 front screen, I did some research on the internet and found out that some apple stores are actually replacing the front cracked screen for free. I went to an local AT&T store (there isn't a apple store near where I live) to see what they said and they said something about insurance. So I decided to make a hour and half trip to the apple store and they actually replaced my Iphone 4. It was real quick and there really wasn't no question ask about how it happen.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts

I cracked my iphone 4 front screen, I did some research on the internet and found out that some apple stores are actually replacing the front cracked screen for free. I went to an local AT&T store (there isn't a apple store near where I live) to see what they said and they said something about insurance. So I decided to make a hour and half trip to the apple store and they actually replaced my Iphone 4. It was real quick and there really wasn't no question ask about how it happen.

Yeah OK.

AlexKing

AlexKing

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
nice thanks for the heads up! :D,
how did you break it tho?

illfluence

illfluence

Jailbroken

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

nice thanks for the heads up! :D,
how did you break it tho?

so there's an accident in the middle of the intersection and the cops have the whole thing blocked off. i ask the cop if i can cross the street he says no so i'm standing there texting when he yells at me to cross. dumbass me has my phone in my hand and when i got to the middle of the intersection i hear him yelling at me so i turn around and i clipped my arm on this sign and i dropped my phone on the pavement cracking the back of it.

vinaygoel2000

vinaygoel2000

xSellize Fan

• +Contributor
  • 2852 posts

so there's an accident in the middle of the intersection and the cops have the whole thing blocked off. i ask the cop if i can cross the street he says no so i'm standing there texting when he yells at me to cross. dumbass me has my phone in my hand and when i got to the middle of the intersection i hear him yelling at me so i turn around and i clipped my arm on this sign and i dropped my phone on the pavement cracking the back of it.

What a pig!

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->