• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

italodance

italodance

Crackr

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1733 posts
The Dev Team just released RedSn0w 0.9.6b2, a new version of their famous jailbreak tool for Mac and Windows. What’s new in RedSn0w 0.9.6b2? The most interesting news is that RedSn0w will now jailbreak all devices on iOS 4.1: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, and Apple TV.

Also new is the ability to have custom bootlogos on the iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2G. Perhaps the most interesting new feature is the option that implements the DFU button in PwnageTool…

You can now cook a custom firmware on a Mac using PwnageTool and install it via RedSn0w by choosing the “Just enter pwned DFU mode right now” option.

For those of you who about an unlock, you should either stay away from RedSn0w and use PwnageTool, or wait for an unlock which should come sooner than later.

[via iDB]

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

xypher

xypher

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
AWSOME..BUT WILL IT ACTIVATE AN IPHONE 4 WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL ATT SIMCARD?? BECAUSE THE PHONEBOOK SIM CARD IS USELESS..AND I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO ACTIVATE THE IPHONE 4 AND 3GS...IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS..THANK YOU =]

Edited by xypher, 01 November 2010 - 09:35 AM.

rwn

rwn

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
It looks like geohot’s recent limera1n exploit for iPhone3GS/iPhone4/iPad/ipt3g/ipt4g/atv2g will be very beneficial to jailbreakers and unlockers for the next few months (at least). geohot’s limera1n program and the alternative greenpois1on program both use his same exploit (although greenpois0n refuses to tell you that, FWIW), and hopefully SHAtter can be saved for some later device.

In the meantime, we’ve also incorporated the limera1n exploit into redsn0w. But we’ve added a few extras:

* custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)
* an option that implements the “DFU” button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you’re purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version.

This latest redsn0w is available at:

* OS X
* Windows

For Windows users who have run redsn0w and chosen “Just enter pwned DFU mode right now”, your device is now completely vulnerable. Running iTunes and selecting a custom IPSW from PwnageTool (choose it by pressing Shift+Restore)….you’ve now convinced your device and iTunes to restore to a custom firmware. Congratulations!

If you are timid about software and running these programs…please just wait! Don’t jeopardize your carrier unlock for a firmware upgrade. Wait for even easier methods than this latest redsn0w release.

Dazza1

Dazza1

• +Contributor
  • 1041 posts
Oh yes i'm getting Apple Tv2 now whoop whoop! To the Second post use Greenpois0n to Hactivate ;)

xypher

xypher

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Oh yes i'm getting Apple Tv2 now whoop whoop! To the Second post use Greenpois0n to Hactivate ;)

DAZZA I OWN U BIG TIME!! THANK YOU A LOT BRO!!!...U HAD SAVED MY LIFE.. ILL TRY WHEN DA NEW 4.2 COMES OUT..CAUSE NOW I DONT HAVE THE ATT SIM CARD NEITHER THE PHONEBOOK CARD..

Dazza1

Dazza1

• +Contributor
  • 1041 posts

DAZZA I OWN U BIG TIME!! THANK YOU A LOT BRO!!!...U HAD SAVED MY LIFE.. ILL TRY WHEN DA NEW 4.2 COMES OUT..CAUSE NOW I DONT HAVE THE ATT SIM CARD NEITHER THE PHONEBOOK CARD..

No prob but you may have to wait for a jailbreak for 4.2 as greenpois0n and the other tools only jailbreak 4.1 at the mo to my knowledge PS greenpois0n is the only one that Hactivates at present for windows

Edited by Dazza1, 01 November 2010 - 11:39 AM.

xypher

xypher

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

No prob but you may have to wait for a jailbreak for 4.2 as greenpois0n and the other tools only jailbreak 4.1 at the mo to my knowledge PS greenpois0n is the only one that Hactivates at present for windows

COOL THANKS FOR DA UPDATE..ILL WAIT TILL ITS SAFE TO DO IT..THNK YOU MAN U JUST CLARIFIED SO MUCH ABOUT GREENPOIS0N!!! I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THE ONLY ONE CAN HACKTIVATE ON WIN..WOW EVERYDAY U LEARN SUMTHIN NEW..JEJE THNX

g0sbv

g0sbv

The Old One

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Worked great now have a jailbroken aptv2 with nitotv installed
R.

Her072

Her072

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
how you put aptv 2g in dfu mode using redsnow. I try but get it to go dfu mode

g0sbv

g0sbv

The Old One

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

how you put aptv 2g in dfu mode using redsnow. I try but get it to go dfu mode

see http://xsellize.com/...821#entry505821 for guide

bagga212

bagga212

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Worked great now have a jailbroken aptv2 with nitotv installed
R.

ME 2 Big thx

Tario70

Tario70

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

COOL THANKS FOR DA UPDATE..ILL WAIT TILL ITS SAFE TO DO IT..THNK YOU MAN U JUST CLARIFIED SO MUCH ABOUT GREENPOIS0N!!! I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THE ONLY ONE CAN HACKTIVATE ON WIN..WOW EVERYDAY U LEARN SUMTHIN NEW..JEJE THNX

It would be good if you what you learned was true, however there is a catch. If you download a "hacktivated" custom FW from someone, using redsn0w to go in to pwned DFU state would allow you to restore to the "hacktviated" custom IPSW. So while GP may allow you to Hacktivate, unless you're on an iPhone 4, you'll have zero way to preserve the baseband.

Just an FYI.

~Tario70

rwn

rwn

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
i would like to report success in using this on a windows 7 machine to install a custom iphone 3gs 4.1 activated firmware working on t-mobile

and using a custom firmware made from http://xsellize.com/...itv-ipod-links/ worked for me

and preserved my baseband (for this update by using a custom firmware)

[update]

i seem to have lost my cydia icon after syncing my music... and my messages icon... they both show up in search though

both are back after a restart.

Edited by rwn, 02 November 2010 - 01:22 AM.

scorpi

scorpi

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Jailbreak 4.2 gm over Redsn0w dont work for iPhone 4! Either upload a ramdisk stops in the middle and end or complete but Cydia does not work: - /

Edited by scorpi, 02 November 2010 - 01:24 AM.

dzejms

dzejms

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Jailbreak 4.2 gm over Redsn0w dont work for iPhone 4! Either upload a ramdisk stops in the middle and end or complete but Cydia does not work: - /

Cydia is not updated for 4.2 yet. Also if you read what's is said about Redsn0w and 4.2 GM is to not install Cydia as IT WILL NOT WORK!!!! RTFM. :yucky:

rwn

rwn

Advanced Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
**** 4.1 it's been nothing but a pain in my ass...

my battery drains about 1% every 2 minutes...

won't connect to my pc or charge that way at all...

a pain in my ass...

and takes around 4 minutes to boot

teachertwish

teachertwish

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Does this solve the problem of iPod Touch 2G (MB) not working on docks? I used the previous Redsn0w and my iPod app hangs everytime it's plugged on the dock. :(

PunkTech

PunkTech

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
What about the iPod Touch 2G MC model?

xypher

xypher

Whats an iPhone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

It would be good if you what you learned was true, however there is a catch. If you download a "hacktivated" custom FW from someone, using redsn0w to go in to pwned DFU state would allow you to restore to the "hacktviated" custom IPSW. So while GP may allow you to Hacktivate, unless you're on an iPhone 4, you'll have zero way to preserve the baseband.

Just an FYI.

~Tario70

HHOOOO...SO I JUST NEED TO USE ANY ACTIVATED CUSTOM IPSW TO ACTIVBATE MY IPHONE 4 EVEN THO I DONT HAVE DA SIM CARD ANYMORE...THANK YOU FOR DA HELP..MAN I LUV XSELLIZE..EVERYTHIN IS REALLY USEFUL HERE..

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->