• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bmaffin13

bmaffin13

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
[font="""] Ok, so I have restored like 5 times now. I keep getting problems with cydia. I have tried blackra1n RC3, also a sinful CFW, and jailbreakme.com. They all end up with pretty much the same problem (well jailbreakme.com isn't able to download cydia or something it wants to download)

So, once I've restored and jailbroken I open up cydia and this is the process it goes through:

"Reorganizing

Will automatically close when done"

Then closes, then I open cydia again and select "user"

Then it downloads packages, then i get the error for the old smxy repo. I then press "Okay" and it "reloads data" again and crashes. Now every time I open Cydia it says "Loading Data" and then crashes a few seconds in.

Any ideas?
[/font]

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

chakubanga

chakubanga

Donator

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
which iphone do you have?
what firmware are you on?

bmaffin13

bmaffin13

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yea I geuss that helps lol. My bad

3gs, restoring to 3.1.2. On any 4.x release all i get is error 29 when restoring and if I can actually get through he process of restoring it crashes every 5 minutes. So last night I was trying to put on CFW 4.1 to see if it was any different than when I tried the last 4.x releases. No different.

somename

somename

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Error 29
Error 29 is typically a hardware error. Attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin iPhone dock connector cable while tethered to a known-good computer and test.

bmaffin13

bmaffin13

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

[/font]

Oh yea, I know that one. Been getting that for months anytime I try any ios 4.x. I bought the phone off craigslist and im certain the guy musta dropped it in water or something and then put in a new battery. Any version of os 4.x crashes after a few mins.

Snooke45

Snooke45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Mines do that to I can't even put in any sources now. I'm about tried of iPods....

bmaffin13

bmaffin13

Whats an iPhone

• +Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well I solved the issue by making my own CFW with snowbreeze and pre-installing terminal and SSH. Didn't have any troubles with cydia though and did not need to use either to make it work. I think it must have been an issue when it was updating cydia and with snowbreeze it all ready had the newest cydia so it didn't need to update it. I dunno, I'm just happy it works now :)

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->