2 replies to this topic

conchappie

conchappie

Xsellize iPhone Modder

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I recently updated my iPad FW to 4.2.1 and then jailbroke it using RedSn0w

The only problem is that the JB is a Tethered one which requires that you have your iDevice pluged into your Mac/PC to boot up Jailbroken.

STORY

I began to reinstall my cydia mods tweaks n hacks and i realised that some f them required a reboot so i rebooted and it booted up as a normal iPad then i'd turn it off and boot it using redsn0w to get the JB back.

anyway rebooting once seemed fine but the second time i rebooted i was stuck on the apple boot screen loop.

Hastily i tried to put it into dfu mode which failed (i didnt do it right) so i let the Batt run down then plugged into iTunes and put it into DFU mode and restored it

After re-jailbreaking it again of course the same thing happened when i rebooted so instead of panicking at 3am lik last time

SOLUTION

i calmly opened redsn0w and got it ready then i put the iPad into DFU mode and clicked next on the redsn0w interface and it skipped the process of putting it into DFU mode as it was already in it and it went straight to booting it up Jailbroken

The iPad screen flashed then the PwnApple appeared on screen and it booted up JB again

i hope this helps anyone who is stuck on the apple boot screen on loop

x-bot

x-bot

x-bot

• Ad-Bot
  • Ad post

--

idiot_savant

idiot_savant

Genius

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
What you or others may not know is that you don't have to put it into DFU to get it back to the jb state. It can be on the Apple logo stuck not going anywhere. Open up redsn0w click your firmware, click on "just put me back to tethered state" or w/e it says and then follow the on screen directions of holding sleep... blah blah blah. It'll go into DFU and reboot into the jb. I hope this helps you or anyone else stuck in nooobness :)

Drieks

Drieks

Elite Member

• +Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
Well not if it boots up with broken MS plugins... which is the problem i'm having with my iPad.I updated ScrollingBoard and after a reboot it totally ff'ed my iPad. I cannot get past the boot-loop. And it's not being recognised with i-fun box. So... any suggestions? Or do i have to restore this b!tch?

iPhone 5s 16 GB
Firmware: 7.0.4 Evasi0n untethered
iPad Air 32 GB
Firmware: 7.0.4 Evasi0n untethered
B7975EFED053D49CCA018471EA163662.png
Exclamation_mark_red.pngHelped you out? Press rep_up.png

try it. like it? buy it.

IPB skins by Skinbox
-->